Friday, November 17, 2017

FROST - A Gelato Shoppe is now open at Victoria Gardens!




FROST - A Gelato Shoppe
12385 S Mainstreet
Unit 1040
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

Victoria Gardens - Storefront


If you don't know the difference between gelato and ice cream, then I can tell you! (LOL). My husband and I had gelato twice a day, every day when we were in Italy; Milan, Florence, Rome, and Sorrento. But of course we walked it off....  :)

Gelato is basically Italian ice cream, but is lower in fat and less calories than American style ice cream. It's much more dense, more flavorful, more rich and contains less air. There are certain standards that need to be followed in order to call something "gelato".

Since living in Rancho Cucamonga, I have found ZERO gelato shops. I've always had to go to LA County. So you have no idea how excited I was to hear that Frost was opening in Victoria Gardens. They are located right next to GNC, by the Corner Bakery. They open at 11:00 AM every day. Note that the only other California location is in San Diego!

After reviewing the website and reading about the creators, I had high hopes that their gelato would be legit because once I got back to the US from Italy, I couldn't stop thinking about gelato either! Per their website, they imported equipment and products from Italy. 

They just opened on Friday Nov 10th, 2017. My husband and I stopped in  on Tuesday and each picked 2 flavors. Our total came out to $10.56 with tax.

I had the Gianduia (chocolate with hazelnut) and it was excellent; creamy, rich and very dense. However, the Stracciatella was not as creamy and a bit on the icy side (still delicious). 

2 Medio Gelato $9.80 + $0.76 tax = $10.56 TOTAL


Note that they do offer gelato with no sugar added as well as Italian sorbet and coffee.

We received excellent customer service and will definitely be back. CIAO!

Check out @Rancho_Cucamonga_Eats on Instragram and on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment